Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Green Tea Madeleines



My boyfriend asked me what I wanted for dinner for Valentine's Day and, without hesitation, I told him I wanted these ribs I had been eyeballing in my Bon Apetit for at least six weeks or so.  Orange Soy Glazed Ribs (don't worry...I will post pictures and a link to the recipe next).  Yum-my!  So, he said, okay...I make dinner, you make dessert.  So, I immediately knew I wanted to make something to go with the somewhat Asian theme of the ribs.  Green tea instantly popped into my brain.  And I thought of these babies.  Since I had no desire to leave the house last night, I had the Matcha sent next day thru Amazon.  Silly, I know, but the belly wants what the belly wants.



Instructions:  (which I found...HERE!)



Ingredients:
2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon – 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder
pinch of salt
1 cup of all-purpose flour
10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
Directions:
1 - Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour madeleine pans well. (the first batch I made I buttered and floured and I didn't like how they came out.  Mine turned out much better just using a light cooking spray.)
2 - Melt butter, set aside to cool. 
3 - Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer till blended. Beat in vanilla, 1 teaspoon matcha powder, and salt. Add additional half teaspoon of matcha till batter is desired color. Add flour and beat until just blended.
4 - Gradually add cooled melted butter to mixture, beating until just blended.
5 - Spoon one tablespoon of batter into each cake shell. Bake until puffed and edges are lightly golden, about 12-15 minutes (start checking after about 10 minutes.  They tend to go from perfect to overdone really quickly.). Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and finishing cooling on a wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. These look lovely, can't wait to try making them. I'm always on the lookout for new baking-with-tea recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Baking with tea is new to me and I'm really liking it. My work makes a delicious Earl Grey Roll and I'm going to try to get the recipe for them because they are so delicious. If I do, I will definitely share. :)

      Delete